Girls Write Out
Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Diann Hunt, Carol Cox, Kristin Billerbeck & Judith Miller

I've often said that if Colleen and I were animals, she'd be a Golden Retriever and I'd be a Siamese cat. I'm an introvert and not big on large groups. You have to move me slowly to get into a group of people -- I'm actually very shy, which is hard for people to believe because I'm also very obnoxious. I found this picture today and it just blessed my socks off to see it. This is the weekend I met Diann Hunt. And I'm not going to lie. I didn't like the idea of a 'new' person because I like my quiet time -- the intimate time to connect with friends.

Colleen knew though. She could see the writing on the wall that Di and I were meant to be together. Diann and I are those people that things happen to. (AKA, she gets approached by a stranger telling her she's wearing the devil's colors, my dog is in the country five minutes and gets sprayed by a skunk.)

That weekend, I don't think we ever had such a good time, all of us together giggling like schoolgirls. So when I look at this picture, I just have such heartwarming memories of who were back then. All innocent in our ways, unable to see all the hardships we'd go through together. But that is the beauty of deep and abiding friending. It lasts.

So go make a new friend or tell an old one what she means to you.
Kristin  
posted at 11:50 PM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I remember when we first met Di at Mt. Hermon too. I liked her on email, but I was still a skeptic. Meeting her made me a believer. I will never doubt Colleen again. :)

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Jackie S. said...

I enjoy posts like this where you tell about your feelings. I treasure my friends so much.
Some live in other states, but we keep in touch!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Can I have that in writing from both of you? LOL Di is special. I knew you would all see it too. :)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Kristin when i started reading this blog i knew you would end up saying
you are best friends. Diann and i grew up together in Muncie. She is a wonderful person. I am glad she found
your group of writers.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Sweet, sweet post, Denise!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Kristin, nothing beats getting together with good friends!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

You guys make me cry! I'm so blessed to know you!

Kristin, I STILL laugh over some of those things you said that weekend! Your humor cracks me up!

I am blessed that you all took me in--and that Colleen saw me as a potential friend. :-)

Diana, hi!! (waving wildly here) So glad to see you on the blog! Love you, girl!!!

Wishing all of you blessed friendships!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I think that's why I write women's fiction. I've always enjoyed my girlfriends. Girls think alike. And I love to write stories about those friendships. :)

I met Di online and then at an ACFW conference. Her humor won me. We think a lot alike. She quickly became a special friend.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Diana, I would invite you too, because clearly, you have good taste! And I have learned that I'm wrong often and that Colleen knows me well. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz