Girls Write Out
Monday, February 06, 2012
 Let me just be frank here. I couldn't have cared less about the Super Bowl outcome. I was in it for the commercials. And the Indiana pride.

Our family scooted down to Indy this weekend to enjoy the Super Bowl festivities (minus the Super Bowl). We met Justin there, so it was a win all the way around. Indy did a fabulous job with the Super Bowl Village--though of course, I have no previous experiences to compare it to.

Now on to the commercials. Not as funny as some SBs in the past, in my opinion. There were naked M&Ms, pretty funny,  a moonwalking dog, chimpanzees, and polar bears. My favs were the Doritos commercials: "You didn't see nuthin'" (my apologies to cat owners) and baby bungee--because I have remember what it was like to have an obnoxious older brother.

Detroit scored with another poignant commercial. None of the movie trailers targeted females, certainly not me. Wasn't sure what to think about the apocalypse/Twinkie one.

Nostalgia winner, hands down, goes to the Ferris Bueller spoof. Even funnier because my kids didn't get it.

What were your favs?


Denise Hunter  
posted at 9:01 AM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Ferris Bueller and Seinfeld were tied for me. Both were a surprise and made me laugh. Loved them. I'm now yearning for a new Ferris Bueller movie.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Me too, Suzanne!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

My top three were Clint Eastwood, M&Ms, and the Doritos commercials. I didn't care for the Apocalypse by Chevy - it felt sacrilegious or something.

I learned something cool about the dog/cat Doritos commercial - a professor at my school (Regent University) made it with a friend. It was a "low budget" (they spent $20 to make it) contest entry, and they won $1 Million! So cool!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

My fave was the panther chasing the car. Also loved Ferris Bueller!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Sandie said...

I haven't seen them all yet, but I am a Marvel fan so the Avengers one caught my attention. Can you believe I've never seen Ferris Bueller? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz