Girls Write Out
Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's funny to me how I'm attracted to certain things without understanding why. My love affair for Bath started with my love of Jane Austen in high school, and I knew I had to go there. My husband was working, so I got to tour the city all by myself. Which was actually better for me because I didn't have to explain things. LOL I didn't have to say, "Oh this is where Captain Wentworth met up with Anne..."

Anyway, I've been fascinated with the Texas Longhorn symbol. I thought maybe my son might go there. He loves Texas and his affinity is for the Alamo (And England, he'd love to live there too.) But he's applying for colleges, and I said he had to apply to be a Longhorn. My friend who is a high school counselor told me, I might as well put him in Stanford. Which means, it's too hard and expensive to get in, so probably not worth our time.

Luckily, I called him from my layover in Texas and told him, "I got my Longhorn shirt. You can go where you want now."

Are there places you are drawn to and you can't explain? I don't think it's a writer thing because my son is no writer.
Kristin  
posted at 9:54 AM  
  Comments (2)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
2 Comments:
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Sandie said...

Yes, there are a few places I've always wanted to visit and I have no idea why. Maine, Switzerland, Vermont, Wyoming, Alaska, Great Britain (Well, I might know the why of that one - I'd love to see the Doctor Who exhibit). I am not really a traveler so I will probably never go to those places, but they are a few that have called to me over the years.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

I don't know that I have a particular affinity for any particular place, although there are some places I'd like to visit.

But as a graduate of The University of Texas and a native Texan, I loved this post! Hook 'em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz