Girls Write Out
Sunday, January 15, 2012
I hate grocery shopping. That's no surprise to anyone in our household where, "When are you going to the store?" is the most common question uttered.

I love it, on occasion, when Kevin makes a grocery run, say 1 or 2 times a year. (He says 3 or 4--and I'm bad with numbers so who knows?) He leaves, and I settle on the sofa, pull out a novel, and wallow in the fact that I'm here, on my comfy sofa, with a lovely book in my hands, and he's milling through aisles and aisles of products that he'll pay through the nose for, products that will evaporate from our shelves in 12 minutes flat.

While I'm lounging in luxury, I always forget what comes next. I don't know why, but I always do.

See, there are certain items I never buy. Never. They are too tempting for my weak self. Oreos. Twinkies. Fritos. Cheetos. Doritos. Any kind of Tos. Hostess cupcakes. Those pink snowball things. Circus Peanuts. Totino's Pizza. Sweedish Fish. The list goes on.

Kevin, not knowing my numerous achilles heels, brings them home, unloads them into our pantry. Then off he goes to work, far away, where he can't see the food, smell the food, or hear the food murmuring sweet nothings, and leaves me to fend off the yummy treats all day. I, with said treats in the house, am like a dog in a room made of peanut butter. I do not win this battle.

So, next time I must get in the car and run the hated errand, I will remember that at least I'll get to choose which foods will be calling my name for the next week. I will win the Hostess battle at the grocery so I don't have to fight the war at home. That is the only way I'll win.

Labels: ,

Denise Hunter  
posted at 10:35 PM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 7:10 AM, Blogger jel said...

I hear ya there! I don't like to go
where. But I have too!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

My husband and I traditionally go together to the grocery store. I keep a list on the fridge so when someone uses the last of something they are supposed to put it on the list. My husband likes to see what's on the shelf himself in case there is something new he'd like to try or some special dish he'd like to make (yes, he cooks and he's good at it too). LOL I am weak in the store and in the house on the candy aisle. I am diabetic so I can't eat as much as I'd like to, but I clearly eat enough given my weight. LOL Since my son moved back in with us temporarily sometimes he will go and he will not pick up the stuff hubby or I will. He just gets what is on the list and sometimes not even all that but it is better for us! He never knows what he will feel like eating that week so he'd rather go and get it himself. I eat the same foods every week. We are an odd bunch. LOL

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

LOL!

My husband and I shop together. I used to keep a list to fit our budget, and go over it - and the budget - with him - two or three times before going to the store, only to have him say "oh, we need ..." about a dozen times. Those "needs" included all those Tos, and syrup, and anything that might resemble an Elf diet.

I threw away my lists and now threaten him with broccoli and brussel sprouts if he adds too much junk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz