Girls Write Out
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
I've gone to Kansas City to brainstorm with some fellow authors for years now. This is a pic of our 10th year. From the back left, Stephanie Grace Whitson, Nancy Moser, Deborah Raney, Judith Miller, Me, Doris Fell (Till) and Rene Gutteridge. We had a great time and I had some super ideas for the book I'm working on. We always go to Nancy's house, and one of the most fun parts of the weekend is cooking dinner together on Saturday night.

One of the most, um, interesting things that happened this past weekend was a fire alarm blaring at one a.m. It was LOUD. Excruciatingly loud. So loud I had to cover my ears. We smelled no smoke and heard no one shouting or anything. There was no accompanying intercom message about this being not a drill so Dave got up and went to check it out. I stayed in the room because we were on the first floor anyway so we could get out the window if we needed to. We found out it was a false alarm but they couldn't get the stupid thing shut off. It went on and on. I got more and more annoyed because we were going to get on the road to AZ the next morning.

I got up and sat on the sofa with my hands over my ears. The blaring just wouldn't quit. It went on for an HOUR. While I was sitting there, the thought occurred to me about how similar this was to hearing the gospel. People get so used to hearing a warning about eternity that they ignore the alarm just like I was ignoring the fire bell. How many times have I ignored other nudges from the Holy Spirit too? I was so convicted I went to the lobby. LOL

What about you? Have you gotten so used to ignoring nudges from God that you've gotten hardened? What has God been trying to tell you lately?

Oh and I love Springhill Suites in Overland Park, KS. They were so apologetic to everyone that they didn't charge us for the night!

Labels:

Colleen Coble  
posted at 11:24 AM  
  Comments (1)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
1 Comments:
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

That was really nice of them! They lost a lot of money doing that. I'm trying to pay more attention to the nudges I get from God. Especially after reading Nancy Rue's book The Reluctant Prophet. :)

And I also remember the fire alarm at our 2005 conference in Nashville. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz