Girls Write Out
Tuesday, March 08, 2011
Today is my editor's 40th birthday. She's the cute one 2nd on the right. :) Happy birthday, Ames! She's edited me for nine years now and my writing has grown so much thanks to her.

But even more than being the best editor in the business, she's a dear friend, more like a daughter. When I think of my kids, she's one of them. It's funny how relationship builds and grows, isn't it? At first I was terrified of her even though she was so young. I'd heard her name mentioned with great awe and respect for several years, and now here I was as one of her authors. It took a while for me to begin to allow myself to even think of her as a real person and not this hallowed icon of the industry. LOL

She is incredibly insightful when she's editing, but also just as a person. She thinks through things so deeply. She has a lot of wisdom too, for one so young. I love her children like they are my own grandkids too. And thinking about Ami got me to wondering about relationships in general. Our own families are incredibly important. I know I can call my parents or my Aunt Edith or my Uncle Ron and they would help me with anything in a heartbeat. But isn't it amazing when friends can become as close as family? My girls here are like the sisters I never had.

So who in your life has shown God's love in such a way that they are "closer than a brother" now? How did it happen?

Labels: ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:28 AM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Ami is awesome! I had no idea she was 40--she wears it well!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

I'm with you, Colleen, the girls here are like family. As an only child I tend to take on brothers and sisters by habit. I've been with one of my editors, Joan Marlow Golan, for eight years, and we've been through a lot together. She sometimes calls at just the right time to give me the encouragement I need in my life. She has a wisdom that comes from suffering in her life, and I value that wisdom. I've also been with Karen Solem, our agent, for the same amount of time. Wow, time does pass quickly, doesn't it?

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Mary Marie Allen said...

Colleen I agree with you that friends can become family. I have a friend in Christ who is generous, caring, and after listening will always speak the truth in love. She often comes from a different viewpoint and I value how her opinions give me a more balanced view of life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz