Girls Write Out
Wednesday, February 23, 2011


This weekend, many of us met up in St. Louis for the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) board meetings. I can't tell you how much I needed the time to be with my friends. When you live your life as a writer, one has to make sure they get out often. I tend to be a hermit and a bit of a workaholic because I have to work constantly in the time allotted without my kids, so when I get a chance to play, I'm not good with limits.

Rachel Hauck and I went on my first Horse & Carriage ride. Sure, it wasn't as romantic as we might have liked, but it was way more fun. We giggled like schoolgirls all the way back.

We always hang out in Colleen's room, and her husband, St. Dave was trying to watch a movie. We were laughing, doing Pilates, teasing each other. Basically, Dave was putting up with a slumber party in his room. But I couldn't tell if my stomach hurt so badly from laughing, the Pilates or both.

I see the same thing in my mom's friends. They go to San Diego, Pajaro Dunes and the outlets at Gilroy and laugh, shop and then have a fashion show at the end of the night for all they bought. (Usually for their grandchildren!) But it heartens me to see that friendship is forever and those connections keep us alive. God was good to make fellowship a part of life, don't you think? Do you make time for your friends? If not, why not? I guarantee, you'll live longer.
Kristin  
posted at 11:59 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I'm so thankful for my friends-all of you! I'm convinced women especially need close friends in their lives.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Wish we could have been there. You girls are just fun to hang out with.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I sure needed it, coming home wasn't al that fun this week and my kids are off, so I'm swamped this week. Glad I had the break.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Tonya Kappes said...

My cp group (Heather Webber, Shelley Shephard Grey, Cathy Liggette and Hilda Knepp) get away a couple times a year. It's fun to hang out and write until our hearts are content, plus laugh and eat:) Glad you had fun.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I don't know what I'd do without my friends--all of you!! I never would have gotten through this past year without the support of all my friends.

Even chocolate is more fun when shared with a friend. :-)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Girlfriends and sisters ~ they're what make life FUN! I couldn't imagine mine without them. And that especially includes my writer sisterchicks.:) Y'all add so much to my life :)

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

What a blast we had! Don't know what I would do without my peeps! Wish we could have all been together too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz