Girls Write Out
Monday, November 29, 2010
We mentioned that we are working on a new book together. It's four novellas but it's going to be structured as one whole book that's tied together though with the first four of us writing it. The fun thing about it is that we are using our own personalities so it's easy for us to write one another's characters.

Have you ever realized you are living a fairy tale or children's story? As I formatted our final document to go to Ami, I realized again that we are, well, Winnie the Pooh characters. LOL First there is Kristin. She's the Owl. She is quick to offer her opinions and views, even if we don't quite agree. And in a very witty way. LOL Then there is Diann. She is Piglet, even though she's not round. LOL She loves going on adventures with Pooh just like she likes being prodded into adventures with me. Piglet loves bright colors, balloons, and blowing dandelions just like Di loves Christmas music, chocolate and her family. She can easily be inspired to step out of her comfort zone.

Denise is Eeyore. Very intelligent and a deep thinker but tends to, um see the glass as half empty. LOL She keeps us grounded and organized and is VERY creative. Then there is me. I'm Tigger in case you didn't know. I can be unbearably cheerful. Obnoxiously so. LOL I am bouncy and like to coax the others to do things they might otherwise be too shy to do. I'm a major extrovert like Tigger but every group of introverts needs someone like me.

So did any of this surprise you or did you have us pegged pretty well? And doesn't that just make you all the more eager to read Smitten? To get to know us better? :-)

Even though Cheryl isn't in the collection since it's only 4 stories, she is part of our Pooh parade too. She is Rabbit with her love of the outdoors and the way she likes to concentrate alone on what her task is. :)

How about YOU and your best friends? What fairy tale or children's story characters are you?

Labels: ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:28 PM  
  Comments (13)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
13 Comments:
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm afraid I'm an Eeyore, too. It's always a struggle to look on the bright side of things. I can bring down rain clouds with just a look! And I'm a fan of Eeyore, too. To me, he is the most human of the characters (other than Christopher Robin, of course) because he really tries to be good and normal and happy, yet seems to have bad things happen anyway. If it weren't for his friends helping him out, poor Eeyore would be in BIG trouble! What would we do without our friends??

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Is it possible to be two of the characters at the same time? I'm Piglet and Tigger. My husband is Christopher Robin / Kanga, my daughter is Eeyore / Gopher ("I'm not in the book!").

I'm very excited to hear that you're writing the novellas together. How fun is that!?! Yay!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I've always thought it was interesting how the characters from Winnie the Pooh are from every personality type. I think there should be a study on that, I mean, it's way more relatable than Meyers/Briggs.
Me? I sometimes feel like I'm the princess from The Princess and the Pea. If my sleeping accommodations aren't just so then I'm in for a miserable nights sleep. It's very tiresome, in more ways than one.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

It's all about perspective, which is why our stories will be different. I don't see Denise as Eeyore. I see her as Mary Tyler Moore: the beautiful, sane one --surrounded by the crazies. I see Di as Lucy, going after what she wants with zeal and not understanding the outcome, but having a good laugh over it. I'm Ethel. I'll go there with her, but I didn't think of it. I think Colleen is Julie from the Love Boat. She's got her clipboard, knows what's going on and she's ready to tell everyone where they're supposed to be.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Kristin, your characterization of us is hilarious! Though I see Denise as Julie with the clipboard. Colleen is totally Tigger. I see you, K, as the fun shopaholic character (but you're much more fiscally responsible!), and I see myself as the wild and crazy nun on Sister Act.

It's fun and very interesting to see and hear other people's perspectives of us.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

girls, you're missing what I was doing here. LOL I could have jumped around from story to story but I was fitting us all into Pooh characters. LOL

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Oh and D herself says she's Eeyore. LOL That's why I even thought of using Winnie the Pooh characters. LOL

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

No no no, C! Kevin calls me Eeyore. I see myself as a realist not a pessimist.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

LOL Denise! I've never heard Kevin say it, only you. ALL pessimists call themselves realists. LOL!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I'm Tinker Belle, flying from one thing to another. ;)

And I'm with Di on Christmas music. :D

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I can totally see that, Ane! LOL

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I see D as a realist, not a pessimist. Pessimists are hard to be around. Denise is just the voice of reason.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I don't really see her as a pessimist either. But she's often called herself Eeyore so it was fun to play on Pooh for us. LOL And to tease her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz