Girls Write Out
Friday, September 24, 2010

Colleen will kill me, because this is everything I'm not supposed to eat. But it's so good, and it's made with everyday things you have around the house, so very easy to look like a Saturday morning chef without the trouble. Kathi Lipp, author of "The Husband Project" sent it to me:

Bread Pudding

Ingredients

* 6 slices bread (day old is fine)
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 2 cups non-fat milk
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Break bread into small pieces into an 8 x 11 inch baking pan. Drizzle melted butter over bread.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
5. Drizzle a little caramel topping over the individual pieces before serving.
Kristin  
posted at 1:16 PM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Denise said...

And how would you suggest making that yummy sounding drizzle syrup for the top? Because I am so going to have to make this, but I'll never tell CC ;)

I used to get bread pudding down in Indiana at this amazing Amish rest. that is not in business anymore and they would use day old donuts. Seriously, bread pudding is one of my favorite foods. Period.

My email is lifewithfourboys@gmail.com

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger jel said...

that sounds good


But how would ya like a white chocolate bread pudding recipe :)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Kris, I LOVE bread pudding! But rice pudding is great, too, and no gluten. I think we could figure out how to make whole grain bread pudding without gluten--and no, I'm not just trying to appease Colleen. I'm trying to keep Mel healthy.

Seriously, there are some fabulous gluten free breads. I'm SO going to try this when I can do carbs again.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Oh my goodness! this sounds great! I have to try it. thanks..

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing to be a diabetic at this point. Good because I'm not as tempted to make and eat this. Bad because it's so hard to not yield to temptation. *sigh*

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I wouldn't say a word if you make it with gluten free bread. But with regular bread this is as bad for K as eating poison.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

It was really good, and I didn't use a topping Denise, and I'm ignoring C, since I could have predicted her response. LOL

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Kathi Lipp said...

I only make this when I am either:
Taking it somewhere that lots of people can share
Or
One of my kids wants it for their birthday

Bo
Ut oh, is it good..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz