Girls Write Out
Monday, September 27, 2010
I have to wonder if reading my books has made my Dave more romantic. You tell me. Our first Christmas he bought me--a BLENDER. It was all I could do not to cry. A blender? Really? When we'd only been married 3 mos. Not lingerie? Not perfume or jewelry? A KITCHEN appliance?

To give him credit, he'd heard me say I'd like to get a blender. But the poor man had no clue a blender wasn't a suitable gift for a newlywed. Over the years he got better. But then a few years ago he started buying more romantic gifts. It strangely coincided with my publisher steering me toward more romance. Coincidence? You tell me. At this event pictured here (the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference in Indianapolis last weekend) he gave me a black diamond necklace. If I'd won the award I was up for, he was going to give it to me in front of everyone! That is SO not my quiet husband's usual manner. Only love would drive him to do something like that.

I hardly know what to think! But I'm sure liking it!

Now it's your turn. What is the most romantic thing your significant other has done? What do you WISH he/she would do?

Labels: , , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:31 PM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

I saw the way he looked at you that night, Colleen. Could it be that he's just falling more and more in love with you every day?

Mel's the romantic in our marriage. He writes poetry and makes up songs to sing to me that make me laugh.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Your hubby really got with the program! Good for him...and you! And what a lovely gift. I can hear all of us readers heaving a lovely *sigh* over that one!

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Edwina said...

My dh sent me an email (he's away on business) yesterday. He openly shared his heart. What he wrote touched my heart and spirit so much that I read the email at least a dozen times and printed it out and put the copy in my journal. What he said in the email is the most romantic things he's ever said to me and writing the note was one of the most romantic things he's ever done.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Aw, that's so sweet, Cheryl! And Edwina, I'd keep that note too! We have some great guys!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

You know, my husband is not the most romantic guy. He tries now and then, but, well, lets just say I've gotten my share of kitchen appliances. But you know what I've come to realize? Romantic is a guy getting up every day and going to work no matter if he likes it or not, to support his family. In almost 20 years we've never missed a paycheck.

I have a good man, who does a lot of things just because they are the right thing to do.

Romance is great, but a guy with a quiet strength and integrity are essential. I'd say I'm pretty blessed.

Of course, I wouldn't mind some chocolate now and then... :)

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Georgiana Daniels said...

What a romantic gesture from your hubby! That's really awesome :D I'd love to have seen him give it to you in front of the crowd.

Our first Christmas together my hubby gave me a gift certificate...to the grocery store.

He's gotten better over the years! The greatest way he shows his love, though, is by working 12-14+ hours a day to provide for our family, allowing me to stay home with the kidlets. And he does so cheerfully, which makes being his wife a great joy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz