Girls Write Out
Friday, September 17, 2010
I'm here in Indiana with all my friends, and loving life. We have a suite that makes me not want to go home, and last night Revell (my Perfectly Dateless and Perfectly Invisible publisher) treated me to a lovely dinner at a rooftop restaurant that turns. So while looking out over the city, suspense author Jill Eileen Smith, talked about if there was a sniper in a nearby building, could he hit us? (We decided he could.) I, on the other hand, overlooking the Indiana state capital wondered if it was haunted and thought about a great gothic romance.

Eating with authors is somewhat like herding cats. We don't do what we're told, and we don't think like "normals" and most editors are normals. So I know it's work for them to be with us.

We took pics this morning, and I am so grateful because I hate this pic of me on here. I look fat. Maybe to compensate, I wore some skinny jeans today. Just maybe.

So while I didn't do anything to prepare for this conference, deciding to come only at the last minute, and I'm leaviing during the Manning Bowl on Sunday, I'm still thrilled to be here. Still happy to be among my people. ACFW is definitely an annual highlight, and I am grateful that I got to come. YAY!
Kristin  
posted at 11:14 AM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

We're glad you came, too, Kris. And you look GREAT in those skinny jeans. Only you could pull that off.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to Indianapolis!

Funny...I've thought the same thing about a sniper during an anniversary dinner at that same restaurant!! (Does that make me a writer?? I rather think not! LOL)

Enjoy the conference, ladies. When you get a chance, face south and wave...I'm just a short jaunt away and I'll feel your wave even if I don't see it.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Courtney Walsh said...

Kristin,

Thank you for sharing a cab with me to the airport!! You are awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures Amber took of you guys!

For me, my imagination went bonkers when I came back to my room and it smelled like natural gas. The security crew of three (large) men showed up at my door, moved me to another room and all I kept thinking was "they could come back here and kill me!" They were so nice, what is my deal?? lol

I hope you had a great flight back!

Courtney

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Yes Ruthie it does! Sorry about the typo gang, I was on Denise's computer, it's my only excuse. Courtney, that was great timing, thanks for the company!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

So glad to get to say "hi!"
Looked for you at the banquet, but didn't realized you'd left--only time I had my camera out so consider yourself lucky ☺.
Take care. Will look for you next year--and, in the meantime, on the bookshelves.

Abundant blessings,
Jenny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz