Girls Write Out
Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'd forgotten how much work you have to do when you're normal!

With a CA-125 of 8.4 (Whoohooo!!! God be praised!), I can't claim the cancer card these days (thank You, Lord!), so it's back to work! I started my day with the Lord and then I drove to my morning Yoga class (okay, I said that as though I go every morning, when, in fact, it's my second class in three weeks), and she stretched me like Gumby!! WOW!

My in-laws are coming for the weekend, so I went to the grocery after Yoga and then came home to finish cleaning the house, change bed clothes, vacuum, all that. Can I say "pooped" here? I'm pooped (I assume you answered yes). The good news is since I stretched myself first (Yoga), I was able to vacuum one room while dusting in another.

I'm attending a women's conference this weekend and it starts tonight. My stepmom-in-law will be going with me. I hope I can last through the sessions all day tomorrow. (Please pray for me if you think of it.)

The reason I'm rambling is this, do you notice what is missing so far from my day? You're exactly right. Writing. No writing. Not one word. Well, until this post.

Some days are just like that--full of good intentions, but it just doesn't get done. Most days it's a priority, but some days, it has to step aside.

So since we have a "cafe" type blog, I have to ask you, do your days go as planned? Are you an organizer and stick to it no matter if the cat is hanging from the ceiling fan or your toddler has crammed the entire remains of the Oreo cookie package in his mouth, or do you grab the cat and sit down on the floor with the toddler and two glasses of milk?



Diann Hunt  
posted at 11:16 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I'm having one of those weeks! Need to write but so much going on. :(

Love this pic of you, Di!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

I love the picture, too! I keep telling myself if I can only get my quota, I'm not responsible for anything else today...except getting Mel off to work, laundry, feeding the cats, taking my mother for a walk, watering the new plants...

I'm already tired, and I just got up.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I'm in pain. That Yoga stuff is totally deceiving. It looks easy, but look out!!

I'm totally sitting on the floor (in Yoga pose, of course) with my milk and Oreos!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

While I would like to be the person who sits down on the floor with the milk, I am more rigid than that. If things don't go as I planned (and they rarely do), I am often thrown off kilter, not to regroup until the next day. I rarely see things in terms other than black and white so it's really hard to be flexible. Therefore, I seriously doubt I will even think of trying yoga!! LOL

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Schedule? What's that? Even my kid never had one when he was a baby. I'm too ADD. And yet, somehow the writing gets done. I used to only be able to write in the morning, but now I find I'm writing throughout the day.

By the way there's a fun new website for Fiction After 50. The url is http://fictionafter50.com/

They have an article I posted on writing after 50. :D

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Crystal Mazzuca said...

I am SUCH a scheduler. My kids (6 and 4) even have a calendar! I have a routine and, if it gets thrown off, I'm not the best at being flexible. In fact, it kind of sends me into a meltdown and I end up vegging on Facebook, lamenting life.

Did I mention that, as I write this, my entire house is crammed into my kitchen while my husband puts in new floors? And that in that kitchen is a broken oven so that we have to eat everything via microwave?

I, too, am going to a women's retreat this weekend. If I wasn't, I might run away :)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

Yoga is hard. You said it!

I love this photo, too! ha!

I have the best intentions every single day. And then, it's usually not the kids, dogs, cats--it's my husband who throws my day into a tailspin. (Must be that everything-is-an-emergency mentality....)

This week I had so many goals I just had to meet and then along comes Kid Doc to throw something into it to wreck my parade. Huh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz