Girls Write Out
Wednesday, July 01, 2009
My house is chaotic. It just is. There are always four kids here, usually more, a hyper doggie and lots of stuff going on. When we move into a neighborhood, we move in big. It's hard to avoid a family with four kids, they create their own weather pattern and it brings people out of their houses. I live in this hillside community, and you would never know there are kids here, but there are tons! The thing is, I like it that way.

So having your house "ready to show" at a moment's notice (okay two hours) is not easy. Tonight, I had burned dinner, and so there was the distinct odor of "she can't cook" in the house, two extra kids here and signs that we actually lived here (a bad thing in real estate). So we all did the mad dash and got lost, but I will be so happy to have my chaotic house back to my own. : )
Kristin  
posted at 11:16 PM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Cathy Shouse said...

Kristin,

I remember the days of showing houses with young children. I only had one little one at the time so I can only imagine your situation.

I would shove the laundry in a garbage bag and throw it in the car trunck, drive to the neighborhood playground, and watch them go in. I tried to have the crockpot going to mask any odors.

I hope this time is over quickly for you.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I so feel for you. It is so hard having a house on the market. I always felt violated when I had to leave and then got the realtors feedback with their potential buyers.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with selling the house. I hope you can relax over the 4th of July weekend. Have a great one.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Cathy, I LOVE the garbage bag idea. Will have to put that one in my bag of tricks! got any ideas for dishes? LOL

It wasn't that bad, we went to Yogurtland and I drowned my sorrows in healthy yogurt (with M&Ms) LOL

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I know it's so hard to be on notice like that. Praying it sells quickly so you can be done with that and get settled into a new place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz