Girls Write Out
Monday, May 11, 2009

I hope all you mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day. The weather here was beautiful! It was confirmed that my family does indeed know me well.

I woke to two flowering plants. Knowing that anything with chlorophyll will die under my tutelage, my kids bought me perennials to be put in the ground. God stands a better chance at keeping them alive and they know it.

Oldest Son, originally scheduled to work right after church, asked to come in late, so we got to keep our noon reservations and I got to eat with the whole family.

During lunch, Kevin whips out package from under the table. I open it and--voila!--it's a Kindle! Hey, someone is reading my blog posts! He'd already downloaded sample chapters of my own books so I could play with it. I'll keep you posted on what I do/don't like about the Kindle for those of you who were curious. 

As nice as the gifts were, there's nothing nicer than having all my boys here, healthy, and happy. I'm a blessed mother indeed. 
Denise Hunter  
posted at 7:15 AM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Cathy Shouse said...

Denise,

Congrats on the Kindle! I'm so envious. Absolutely let us know what you think of it. I don't remember if you have a phone that lets you read e-books? If so, maybe you can do a comparison.

By the way, did you get a call yesterday about being a finalist in some book award? I'm sure I saw you but can't remember the award off the top of my head.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Cathy, I don't have a phone that's a reader, but I'll let you know what I think of the Kindle.

Yes, The Convenient Groom finalled in the Bookseller's Best Award in the Traditional category.
Two of Colleen's books finalled in the Inspirational category. :-)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Sounds like a very special day, Denise! Glad you enjoyed it and hope you like your Kindle!

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I'm so jealous of the Kindle. My kids say when we walk by the plants in Home Depot I kill them. What is that about do you think?

That's a great gift, I can't wait to hear how you keep using it over time and if you love it.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

I completely agree about loving meals with the whole family. My son was scheduled to work after church on Mother's Day, but ended up getting called in to work during church because someone didn't show. I was able to spend the afternoon with him, though. :-)

I have the Kindle app downloaded to my iTouch and love it!! It's smaller than a Kindle, of course, but meets my needs for now. I like having a portable library in my purse for when I have to wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz