Girls Write Out
Thursday, March 12, 2009

Remember "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"?  One of my favorite scenes (this shows you how sick I am) is when Aunt Voula talks about her "bobopsy" and "hormonees".  My daughter laughs with me over this, so she sent me the link, and I thought you might enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWispEM3900&feature=related

One of the ways God encourages me through the hard places of life is through humor. Nothing replaces time spent with Him, of course, but as I focus on the knowledge that He is in control and I have His peace, then I can totally enjoy the humorous nuggets that come my way.

Remember my post last week about the mammogram and yearly exams? Well, I got home later that night and found a letter from my gynecologist saying I need further examination for a possible problem they found on my mammogram. It seems they didn't like the picture of my "girls".  There's just so much I could do with that, but I'll let it go.

Okay, long story short, I went back for a second mammogram, ultrasound and today I had a needle biopsy.  Great fun on many levels, but add to the fact I've had a cold and fever since Sunday night and I'm telling you, the fun never ends.

So hubby and I are in the waiting room, well, waiting. Now my man, he's wonderful in so many ways. Loaded with talents, gifts, but knowing what to say when, isn't one of them.  For instance, AFTER I had taken cough syrup with codeine, AND two Valium pills, he forges into an oratory on the national debt and the state of the world today.  I'm quite sure my glazed eyes had reached the level of other-worldly, but for some reason, he just didn't see it. While my mind searched for clues as to what national debt meant, the nurse came in. 

The whole time I felt I had complete control over my tongue (a rarity) until the nurse asked my husband if I was always this entertaining. I had no idea what she was talking about.

The procedure was fairly harmless. The medical staff was fun and upbeat. I'll know either Friday or Monday what the results are, so I'll keep you posted. (Though the doctor nor I expect it to be anything of consequence). And in the meantime, I'm truly at peace knowing that God continues to be in control, come what may.

And the point of this blog? There IS joy in the journey!  Get your exams!


Diann Hunt  
posted at 12:00 AM  
  Comments (12)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
12 Comments:
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Lisa Faye Harman said...

Just sent a prayer up for you. Hope everything is fine. Sometimes my husband sounds like the grownups in the Peanut cartoons. He tells me I don't listen but he just doesn't speak English.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Rachel Overton said...

Been there, done that, Diann. Most of the time it really is nothing, but the waiting to know can get nervewracking. Keep your eyes on Him, and I'm sure we'll all be praying for you.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Go watch some more Mattress Ranch discounts until you get the results of your bibopsy. : ) We're praying for you and what else is there but laughter. Those are the moments we remember, and if a bibopsy makes you work for it, it's all good. : )

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Oh my gosh, that is a hilarious video! I am just so upset you even have to go through this! But glad you're able to laugh about it.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Love that video! And we love you and your crazy sense of humor. You know we're praying for you!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks for the encouragement, friends!

My thoughts are on spring today. Though it's cold out, I've been hearing birds lately--I'm pretty sure they're not just in my head. In fact, one of them sounded like she had a cold. Must have come back from Florida a little too soon. *g*

Anyway, spring is just around the corner! Whoohooo!!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Diann -

You being entertaining in the doctor's office reminds me of my daughter's second knee surgery. She was 18 and in college at the time. When her nerves attack she begins talking.... a lot! It was fine until while prepping her for surgery she told the nurses, doctors, and anesthesiologist that I thought her doctor was "hot". My husband thought it was hysterical when I told him what she said.....

Kimberly

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Oh my goodness, that movie cracks me up! And don't you love it when that same woman yanks a hair out of the mother of the bride's chin? Hilarious.

Oh but Diann the waiting can be such a bear. I'm so sorry. I've been there too and it's turned out to benothing, but I get the whole waiting part. Our God be with you! I'm so glad he gave us laughter.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger The Farmer's Wife said...

Love that movie!

And humor heals. My friend Traci went through the whole breast cancer thing two years ago, and we got to where we were so silly. She'd say things like, "You want more coffee?" and I'd reply, "No, you sit there, I can get it...you have breast cancer." And we'd LAUGH! Her husband did NOT find it funny, but if we didn't laugh, we'd cry and no-one had the strength for that. And now we laugh about how the bikini top doesn't fit right. We live in Montana, for heaven's sake, and bikinis are endangered species for 30-something women!

I'm praying for you, and appreciating your post. Think I'll send it to Trac.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Amber Zimmerman said...

*sigh* Ohh dad. . . =)

Thanks for the prayers for my mom. She's my bestie!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Farmer's Wife, your response cracked me up! Love it! You and Traci sound like my kind of people! :-)

Thanks, Julie and Kimberly for your prayer support!

And Amber, sweetie, you're my bestie, too! Love you!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Praying, Di. And I, too, am supposedly HILARIOUS after I've taken my meds...my family keeps threatening me with YouTube:-)

I love you, and will continue to pray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz