Girls Write Out
Wednesday, March 11, 2009

(My daughter in 80's gear for a party.)
Life in the Silicon Valley is hard right now. Nearly 10% of people are out of work. Homes are going into foreclosure a mile a minute. Things are really tough here and I'm not going to get political on you, but I think this administration has no idea how to fix anything -- which means bring on the reality TV. Is there anything to make you feel better than the wild mess that is Paula Abdul freshly-botoxed? Or the Housewives of NYC convinced if they attend a party, it's an honor for the host throwing it? I state, there is not.

Last night, on "The Biggest Loser", Mandi sacrificed herself for her sister, voting herself off because her sister couldn't lose weight at home yet. What a beautiful gesture of what it means to be alive and in a family. So much better than wallowing in your ARM rate and analyzing tax statements.

God is in control, I get that. But did on last night's Biggest Loser, the black team won a luxury night out away from the ranch, and consumed something like 13,000 calories in an evening. Isn't that the perfect illustration of what America has done? We've been given a little rope and we can't handle it. We gorged on houses and stainless steel appliances and told ourselves we needed this and that, when really, we didn't. And we have ballooned to a weight we cannot handle because we did not live consciously. Only correction and self control can fix it and that is oh so painful, so I say, "Thank GOD for American Idol and spoiled housewives. Without them, losing the weight would be so much harder."
Kristin  
posted at 2:58 PM  
  Comments (10)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
10 Comments:
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

No kidding. I wonder where the campaign promises to CHANGE things went?

As for Paula, was she stoned last nigth or was that from botox? Strange. But I love American Idol. :D

I worked on packing while I watched it. I'm off for Denver and the spring board meeting in the morning. If you think abotu it, prayers for traveling mercies will be appreciated. :)

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

They consumed over 15k calories, I think! Incredible! And boy did Jillian skewer them! It was quite a dramatic night. They didn't deserve to win. I sure felt sorry for Mandi but I was so glad to see her self-sacrifice. Right up until she voted herself off, I was thinking how selfish she was to let her sister sacrifice herself.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Mandi has been selfish, I was really surprised she did it, and proud of her. though she did have to say it a few times. Sigh. At least she did it. A size two? That's not healthy, I hope she changes her goal. I'm a stinkin' six, and I'm little.

Have fun in Denver Ane! I love that city, will pray for safety and fun.

I loved watching them at the luxury day though. I thought wow, that is such a great picture for how we humans have to take from that one tree we're not supposed to eat from. LOL

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

shucks. is consuming 15K a day bad? :)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Krista Phillips said...

Ugh! So upset that I missed Biggest loser last night!

Especially because I did so because I was bad and took kiddos to mcdonalds, TOTALLY blowing my diet.

But I paid penence via slimfast today.

Blugh.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

You know what bugs me about McDonalds? It's like Chinese food, an hour later you're hungry, and you've consumed all that crap for nothing.

This is so cute, I went to get a coffee this afternoon and Elle said, "Mom, my teacher used up her Starbucks card in two weeks, and now she brings McDonald's coffee. Can we get her a new card?"

Like she was out on the streets or something. LOL I did get her a new card, but thought that was funny.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Can you believe that I have never watched AI. It has always conflicted with something else. Maybe one day my husband will decide we need a DVR.

I thought the whole night of over indulgence on BL was very much like our society. Way too much over consumption. I was horrified when they won the weigh-in. I'm so glad that Mandi did go home. I figured she would definitely do better than her sister at losing weight away from the ranch.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

But you know Betsy, like our country, eventually you have to pay. I mean, how long did we all look good on paper? But if you keep gorging and can't control yourself, you're not going to keep that weight off and succeed. I wonder if Bob's people do better in the long run because they move slower, or if Jillian's do because she beats the crap out of them until they change.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Betsy said...

I wonder how Vicki from last season looks now that cameras are gone.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I don't care what Vicky looks like now, her insides were yucky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz