Girls Write Out
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
What a weird day I had yesterday. I got the contract worked out for "Perfectly Dateless", my new young adult novel. On the same day, I went to sign up my son for high school. It's really an odd thing, to still be the girl who still rocks out to Adam Ant while cleaning, and yet signing up my kid for high school and writing for that age group. It's like, I see all the evidence I've gotten older. The girl I was, couldn't have wiped kid snot with her bare hands, or pulled a tick out of a puppy, but here I am. Both people. I've grown. LOL

It's just so odd. The kids here are scary mature. It's like they have no personality and their entire effort goes into getting into the right college. Are there normal kids out there? I sure hope so or my book will be irrelevant. I have to believe there are my type of girls because "Gossip Girls" exists and "The Bachelor" is still on television. My son's high school is this really top-notch public school, where hundreds of us had to wait in line with our driver's licenses, our W2 forms or current tax bill and a current car registration to prove we're really eligible. I mean, it's public high school!! Am I missing something? I told my son getting into Harvard Medical School should be a breeze after this.

Not to mention that they say the future will be controlled by us right brainers. That's right, left brain jobs are being outsourced to India and computers. But if you've got that creative mind, the kind that makes consumers feel like they must have an iPod because they NEED one, that is the future for big money. But you sure wouldn't know it by the funeral-feeling at the high school yesterday. Tell me there are kids out there who still have fun! Who seek to make the world a better place without a math equation!!

Oh my gosh, do they even have cheerleaders anymore? I mean, what is the point of a life lived "perfectly" if it's no fun? I don't want to hear at the end, "Well done, my good and boring servant." I want to come in giggling!
Kristin  
posted at 11:42 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Michelle V said...

My son is a sophomore in High School and I'm afraid he is a very normal teenage boy. UGH! Somedays a bit too normal I'm afraid! LOL I'm exhausted and he's only 16! LOL

Blessings
Michelle

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Michelle, my pity to you. That's a lot of work. My son was work when he was younger. I am reaping the rewards now, I guess. LOL He's a little engineer. It's the girl I worry about. : )

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

a W2?!? To prove where you live? That's nutty. They shouldn't require information that tells how much you make if its a public school.

But anyway. A new book sounds good :)

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Rest assurred, K, teens are very normal here in Indiana. Cheerleaders,teen angst, cars and testosterone, all in abundant supply.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I watch Gossip Girl. For a while I pretended that I didn't...then I just stopped caring, lol. I'm also fangirling over Anoop on American Idol and watching the Clef Hanger videos on youtube every day, but as I watch, I'm slightly concerned that I'm going abnormal in the wrong direction.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I tried Gossip Girls Kayla, but I couldn't take it. Honestly, if there are girls like that in the world, I never knew them. Yuck, who would want to be friends with such horrible people?

I mean, I know girls can be catty, but those girls are like devil catty. Denise, I am so glad to hear there are normal kids out there! I'm sure there are here too, I mean I only went to school 20 miles from here, but wow, it's crazy serious here. I would have never made it. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz