Girls Write Out
Friday, February 13, 2009

My mother has the energy of a tornado on steroids. My mother is 82 years old.

Mom lives two hours away from me. I just spent five days with her. It would have been longer, but I needed a nap. I kid you not, the woman is in constant motion. Anytime she'd sit down, by the time her bottom hit the chair, she'd think of something else she had to do. I grabbed a bag of popcorn and just settled in for the show.

She is currently babysitting my sister's 86-pound lab. This dog is fierce (well, unless you throw him food--he'd sell his owner for food), but Mom can handle him. Did I mention that Mom is five foot two? Yes, the dog is afraid of her.

My sister and I always said Mom missed her calling. She should have been a Marine sergeant. Why, if they sent her to the Middle East, the war would be settled within the week. She's a secret weapon waiting to happen.

Don't ask me why I have all the energy of a beached whale after living with a woman like that. I was hoping some of her energy would rub off on me while I was there. But here I sit on my haunches at 7:30 in the morning, sipping my coffee, while Mom, no doubt, has cleaned her house, folded three loads of laundry, and washed the car by now.

She is my inspiration. 

Wonder why some people have all that natural energy and others, like me, have to drink endless cups of coffee just to wake up in the morning? Any ideas? What do YOU do to boost your energy level--please don't tell me exercise. I just don't have the, well, energy.

Diann Hunt  
posted at 7:14 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I actually do get energized when I walk on the treadmill in the morning. Sorry. I know you didn't want to hear that. Another thing that helps is to listen to my iPod LOUD. When TobyMac comes on singing "Ignition" it's all I can do NOT to move.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I walk the treadmill, but for some reason, it doesn't energize me. What's up with that? By the time I'm finished walking, I'm ready for a nap--or chocolate--or both! :-)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Do you make sure you eat breakfast before treadmill time, Di? You need some carbs for energy for that. :)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger hotcoffeenow said...

Sorry to say it, but a 1/2 hr cardio workout and 1 hr yoga gives me boudless energy. Oh, yea, and the pot of coffee afterwards. A two mile walk and coffee keeps me from yelling at the kids, but doesn't give me as much energy.

cheryl

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

An hour and a half workout, Linda???? YIKES!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Allie said...

Diann - I'm the same way - working out wears me out, it does not give me energy. However Colleen is right - make sure to eat fruit before working out (or so I've read).

I'm such a low energy person that its absolutely sad. When I get home from work I can barely function. Its a good thing I don't have a family to take care of too.

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I need a nap after reading that. LOL What a spitfire, and a nice tribute to her. Although, I'm thinking you're not exactly a slouch yourself.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Kay Day said...

I have the energy of a beached whale, too. No matter what I do.
I know women like your mother, too. I wish I had just a little of that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz