Girls Write Out
Monday, February 18, 2008

NO IT'S NOT A GUPPY!
Friday night our son called and wanted us to go to dinner with him and Donna. We were excited to go. The kids got there and I was ready to go so we didn't have to wait so long. Donna says, "Wait a second. There's an article in the newspaper I want to show you." She hands me a Plain Dealer newspaper, and I'm thinking I wonder why she would think I would miss something in our newspaper? "It's on the second page," she says. I flip it open, and there is a big front page article she and Davy had done that reads:

BEST-SELLING AUTHOR COLLEEN COBLE REALIZES HER DREAM OF BEING A GRANDMOTHER.

I started screaming and crying and screaming some more. I paced the living room, saying, "I can't believe it!" Donna hands me this ultrasound of my new grandbaby. We can't tell what sex it is yet, but I can see he/she is growing arms and I can the head. They got to see the heartbeat in the ultrasound. She's eight weeks tomorrow and the doctor says everything is fine. The baby is the size it's supposed to be, and Donna is doing great, no spotting or anything. The doctor said they could tell everyone now so they came straight to our house from the office. Donna kept urging Davy to drive faster because they couldn't wait to see what we would say.

We went out to eat and I didn't let go of that ultrasound and kept showing it to complete strangers in the restaurant. LOL It was incredibly exciting. I kept tearing up for hours. Boy, when God pitches you a dream, He knocks it out of the park!

The little one is due Sept 30, 2 days before Donna's birthday. Davy was due on my birthday so that's really an amazing coincidence. Davy was born 52 minutes before my birthday so we'll see when this baby makes an appearance LOL SO I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!!
Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:06 AM  
  Comments (16)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
16 Comments:
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I am so happy for you I'm crying!! YEAH!! The Lord has blessed so greatly. I'll continue to pray for Donna and the baby. JOY!!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Thanks, Jaime! And it goes to show you that joy comes after weeping. For you too!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

=O) that's what I'm lookin forward to! Yeah!!! Your news has been an encouragement!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Yay Colleen! You're going to be a fabulous grandma!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Congrats Colleen! Wow, last year at conference one of your kids got engaged. Seems September is your month!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

You're right, Pam! I hadn't thought of that. LOL September is a good month for me!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That's very exciting!!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger WK said...

Ohh Congrats! That is so exciting and done in such a wonderful way!!! I will pray for you all. Enjoy this time.

hugs,
Wendyk

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Gracie said...

Oh, you're so blessed! You have really great kids, huh? And I can't wait until you can post pictures of the new baby. I just know it's going to be adorable!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Woo-hoo!!!! And Sept. 30 is my mama's b'day -- a very good day! Congrats all around. Start knitting, lol...

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Woo hoo! You are going to be the best grandma!

Rachel

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Colleen, you are going to be the best grandma!

Rachel

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Thanks for all the congrats, you guys. And if you'd like to see the article Donna had put together I'm going to post it. She just sent it to me. Hang on.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I been wondering when a baby was coming your way! I'm so glad to hear the news. Blessing to you!
Hug's!!!!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

Woo Hoo!! That is going to be one spoiled grandbaby. Aren't those the best kind? :-) Congrats, C!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Debra said...

Congratulations! I found your site while browsing.

I too am going to be grandma this year and couldn't be more excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz