Girls Write Out
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!!

Kristin’s Best of 2007:

Well, it’s the end of another year and as I reflect, I wanted to remember the best of 2007. Okay, and some of the worst, because I am Kristin and that’s fun too!! So here we go…feel free to join in with your favorites/not so favorites:

Best Movies of 2007:

I don’t get to adult movies that often – haven’t seen The Kite Runner or Atonement yet, but plan to soon!

Waitress (I could not identify with the pie thing at all, and still loved it!)

The Ultimate Gift (Even if my friend Cheryl McKay didn’t write the screenplay I would still love it!)

Amazing Grace – BEAUTIFUL movie!

The Last Sin Eater – It’s Francine Rivers, what more needs to be said?

Becoming Jane – Even if it wasn’t true, imagining Jane Austen is just as fun!)

Dan in Real Life (A writer movie I could have sat through again right away.)

Enjoyable Movies of 2007:

Music & Lyrics. Loved the pop-up video at the end! For every former lover of Wham! who still remembers Andrew Ridgely.

The Simpsons – okay, I watched that skateboard scene over again and it made me laugh every single time. As a mother of three boys, you know what I’m talking about. I have not seen this show on television in at least a decade, but enjoyed the movie for a few laughs.

Meet the Robinsons – I have to admit, I cried when Rob Thomas sings “These Small Hours” at the end.

WORST MOVIE:

The Bee Movie – painful and exceptionally LOOONG!

Best of TV:

Ugly Betty – oh my gosh, the Wicked episode was fantastic!!

Monk – I cannot get enough of my favorite OCDer.

The Biggest Loser -- my whole family is addicted.

Worst of TV:

Bachelor – could we find a man without commitment issues AND who has the ability to recognize what he’s looking for? I mean, is it too much to ask?

Grey’s Anatomy: I understand you’re trying to send a message, but without Isaiah Washington, you’re missing a significant amount of conflict necessary for us as viewers to care. And please, George and Izzy? YUCK!!! And can we get another plot twist besides so and so going in the broom closet with so and so. It’s like they’re all high on testosterone at Seattle Grace. Bring back Isaiah and give us more of great characterization and less sleeze doctor show, K?

Best Reads of 2007 (and sorry if they didn’t come out in 2007, this is when I read them):

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

I haven’t had this strong of a feeling for revenge since reading “The Count of Monte Cristo”. Wooohooo!! Great read!

Marley & Me by John Grogan

Even if you don’t have a dog, this is a must-read! It’s about loving family no matter what!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Young adult done so well, my sixth-grader read it, my fourth grader and when they were done, Mom grabbed it!

Worst Reads:

Yeah, I didn’t finish any of them, so I can’t say.

Best Decision of 2007!

To get my family a dog! Welcome Fiona!!

Worst Decision of 2007:

To buy a house before the old one sold. : ( Welcome to the housing crisis.

May you celebrate Jesus' birthy with family and friends surrounding you and remember to be grateful for all, the good and the bad!

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

The Trophy Wives Club, Available Now from Avon Inspire

Split Ends, Available Now from Thomas Nelson Publishers
Kristin  
posted at 9:58 PM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

Merry Christmas, Kristin! I'm glad you mentioned a young adult read. I'll definitely have to check out, Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I already like it from the title. We're always looking for new stuff to read with the students. Who knows, maybe it will be our fourth quarter book. :)

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Ausjenny said...

Happy christmas,
I have to say i really liked Amazing Grace gave me a new appreciation of the song. (doesn't hurt having my favourite actor in it either)
I have to say i really like the biggest loser although i dont know if its just what we are getting in australia but seems to not have much about the trainers and the training in it this series.
I am about to order books from one of the big christian bookstores cos they have a 25% off sale if i buy over $200. so im off to buy.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Merry Christmas Kristin, And Colleen, Di and Denise!

Nice reflective post. I should do one... ;)

Love, Rachel

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I'll have to check out your best reads!! I would have to say my best read (and no I'm not sucking up) was Colleen's "Abomination". I bought "Split Ends" and thoroughly enjoyed that, although after one of the teens from our youth group heisted it from my library and read it, then quick came back and grabbed the Stockingdale series, I'm guess they might have been a bigger hit with her! :) LOL

I want to see "Amazing Grace" yet!! I bought it for my Dad for Christmas, but haven't watched it myself. One of the most poignant films I watched this year was "Blood Diamond". Definitely NOT for the faint of heart, but wow!! A total eye-opener to the tortures of mankind.

Thanks for your reviews, Kristin!!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Anna said...

I really enjoyed Split Ends, Kristin!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger allen etter said...

My wife and I both enjoyed Amazing Grace and we watch Biggest loser (which has helped to motivate me to lose 20 pounds since the beginning of the summer). But the Simpsons? Really? I'd have to be paid a lot of money to see that. Okay, maybe just enough money to buy a few DVD's to make me forget the experience.

Best reads for me would be "Hamlet" again (that makes what, 20 times?), "Surrender Bay" by you-know-who and "The Gun Seller" by Hugh Laurie...yeah "Dr. House" Hugh Laurie.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Merry Christmas. I like your list- most of them i havents seen or read yet. But the bee movie- you really didnt like it? I thought it was pretty funny for an animated kids film- plus there wasnt a single curse word in the whole thing- pretty rare these days

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Okay, my list.

Best movie:
Enchanted (saw it last month in the theater and loved it...made me LOL a lot)

Worst movie:
High School Musical 2 (There should NOT have been a sequel)

Best tv:
The Office (hands down funniest show on tv)

worst tv:
all of the celebrity gossip. It's gotten so old.

Best book:
A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin

worst book:
all of the ones I couldn't finish (none by the GWO girls though!)

best decision of 2007: to bring home the dog we found on vacation

worst decision: the food I ate earlier

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh great suggestions, I loved Enchanted too, that was very cute. Yes, sorry about the Bee movie, I hated it. And I absolutely LOVE Seinfeld's humor, so I'm not sure why but it didn't translate for me. The story didn't flow enough where I cared, I guess.

I did see the Simpsons at home, and I think that makes a difference, but I'm telling you, there were a few times, I just laughed out loud. The writing is very smart, though the humor is dumb. LOL

I went to the bookstore today and I got Steve Martin's stand up bio and a Christian book called "Exiles", so yay, reading material!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz