Girls Write Out
Monday, November 19, 2007
Computers are a blessing and a curse, aren’t they? When they’re working, they’re a wonderful thing. Something goes wrong . . . they can make a saint want to commit a heinous felony. But let’s face it, they do have some pretty cool capabilities.

I was just thinking about this last night when I overate at our church’s small group. (Hey, if you belonged to our small group, you’d overeat too.) I got to thinking (always dangerous)—wouldn’t it be nice if our bodies had a “system restore”? You eat too much, you just set the body back an hour or so and you’re good to go. There’s my kind of diet, and one that would really come in handy three days from now.

Wouldn’t it be nice on those “fuzzy thinking” days (or maybe I’m the only one who has those) if we could just reboot? At the push of a button, instant clarity. Okay, not really instant, but a lot quicker than a long jog around the neighborhood or—who am I kidding—three cups of caffeine.

Vision getting worse? Increase the pixels. Tired of graphic images and language? Install a filter. Works on the tongue too. Hey, it’s my invention, I can make it anything I want. Memory problems? Push the “save” button. Shoot, create a backup file just to be safe. Bad memories? Click on “remove program”. Say the wrong thing? (Me? NEVER.) Backspace. Can’t express yourself adequately? Click on “send” and all your thoughts will transfer to your husband. Okay, maybe this isn’t a brilliant idea.

All I know is, come Thursday, when I’ve collapsed in a tryptophan-induced coma, that “system restore” thing is gonna sound pretty good. And I have a feeling a few million others might be happy to sign up for the program too.
Denise Hunter  
posted at 9:07 AM  
  Comments (10)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
10 Comments:
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Rhonda/WA state said...

Ahh, the button that would put me back to 125 lbs. and would make my hair stay brown and give me eyes that don't need glasses and it'd remove the wrinkles and get rid of the stretch marks and firm up the belly.........maybe that's more than one button!
Ha!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Amen, Sistah! Especially that memory part...and the overeating part...and the clarity part...and the...:)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wouldn't mind some photoshop myself. :)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

ROTFLOL! I think you're onto something here, Denise. Let me know when you've worked out all the bugs, and I'm in! *g*

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Oooh, Anna Marie, I think you'r on to something with Photoshop!

I'd love to learn to play the guitar. If only I could just download the program and make it a reality.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

LOL!! I'd probably keep getting error messages, pick up a highjacker that takes me where I don't want to go, and be told I can't do a system restore back to 1981!!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger allen etter said...

Denise, this sounds dangerously close to a Sci-fi plot.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I have a system restore. It's called shoe shopping. And it restores absolutely everything. : ) Try it.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

ROFLOL! I'm with you, Denise! Now just figure out how to DO that and we'll all get rich. :o)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Allen, you can have dibbs on the plot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz