Girls Write Out
Monday, September 24, 2007
Whew! Colleen, Diann, and I are fresh back from the American Christian Fiction Writers conference. So, if you noticed it was a little quiet last week, that was why.

It was awesome to connect with people from Thomas Nelson: Allen Arnold, Jennifer Deshler, and Natalie Hanemann. I'm so proud to be part of a wonderful publishing family and kept wondering how in the world they found so many sweet people for their organization. Allen and Jennifer presented a session that turned out to be the most valuable part of the conference for me, learning-wise.

Another terrific part of the conference was chatting with some of the GWO family. I enjoyed talking with Katy and Ane and Rachel--who did a fabulous job leading worship for the conference! Dianne Burnett from ChristianBooks.com was there and it was great to meet her in person. Talk about a woman who's committed to Christian fiction!

At last year's conference, Colleen, Kristin, Diann, and I had so many commitments we hardly had any time to chat. This year we guarded our time more carefully and had lots of time to sit around and giggle and cry and giggle until we cried. What fun! The only thing missing was Kristin, and we missed her terribly!

The hightlight of the conference is always the awards ceremony for Book of the Year and this year our Colleen Coble and Diann Hunt both took first place in their categories! I'm so proud of them and happy that God chose to bless them in this way.

I had so much fun, I that it'll be another year before we get to go back. But if next year is like last year, it'll be here before we all know it.
Denise Hunter  
posted at 7:23 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

Congratulations Diann and Colleen! I'm thrilled for both of you. You deserve it. :)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Katy McKenna said...

It was great getting to visit with you a few different times, Denise! I am glad you enjoyed a lower-key conference than usual, meeting-wise. Oh, wow. It's 7:30 am, and that's all I've got! Back to bed for a wee nap? Maybe...... :)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I agree with Denise, it was so great to see everyone! It was such fun to meet some of you who visit our blog, too! I LOVED putting faces with your names. Thank you, Julie Carobini, for introducing yourself! I thought of you instantly when we had that to-die-for chocolate dessert on Saturday night! *g*

By the way, girls, I STILL have, um, glitter on me from Saturday night despite my scrubbings. Sigh.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Congrats to Diann and Colleen! Happy for the both of you.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,
Thanks for sharing about the week at the conference and congrats to Diann and Colleen. And Denise, I must say I cannot wait to read your new book!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Congrats Diann and Colleen! That's so GREAT!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

It was the greatest conference ever! I enjopyed talking with you, roo, Deniser.

And I was way excited about Diann and Colleen's wins!!!

And if Colleen ever gets tired of being herself, Lisa Ludwig did a very credible stand-in as Colleen in the skit! LOL.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I have to tell you that people passing our suite on Friday night heard us cackling. And that's how it was described. LOL

But oh boy was it fun!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I'll admit it, I was one of the ones who reported the "cackling" going on inside their suite. I was heading to my own (a mere couple of doors down) and it was so LOUD.....lol But that's great because it means y'all were having fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz