Girls Write Out
Thursday, September 13, 2007
RIGHT FROM THE PAGES OF MY BOOK!
The church lights are dim. Light music plays as the bridemaids sashay down the aisle. Suddenly the music changes to something that has Bow Wow in the lyrics (wish I could figure out that song!) and down the aisle comes the ringbearer--a dog dresssed in a tux.

Yep, it's true. My cousin got married last Saturday and I saw with my own eyes a wedding like this. Just like at the end of my book INTO THE DEEP. When I wrote that scene three years ago, I thought "no one will swallow that this would really happen." Now here we are in 2007 and there are stores that sell dog wedding clothing.

My son and new daughter are thinking about getting a newfoundland. My daughter is a huge dog lover (especially of her lovely Golden Retriever Parker) and owns See Spot Clean in Goodyear Arizona. I'm a huge dog lover. But I never thought I'd really see something like this. The entire assembly was laughing. It was the cutest thing! Pets are important to us.

Denise has a wonderful Golden named Daisy. She always has a smile on her face. I could see her in a wedding dress. Maybe we'll marry her to Parker. Wouldn't that be a sight to see? You're all invited. LOL

And speaking of Daisy, please pray for her! Denise is afraid she might have gotten into rat poison on the barn. She's been treated and we pray she'll be okay. After all--she has a wedding to plan!
Colleen Coble  
posted at 7:22 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

The dog is so cute!

Rachel

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I want a boxer, but I do not want to clean after one more living thing, so I'll wait until my kids are gone. Hopefully, none of them will be serial killers -- don't they always say serial killers didn't have pets growing up?

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Ahem, this is not actually the dog in the wedding. I didn't have a picture of Jackson. LOL

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Colleen, I just watched you on the web! Caught the Deeper Living broadcast with you and Lori Wick...it was fun to hear you talk books...can't wait for that Amish thriller:-0

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Colleen, that looks exactly like our Shadrach! I can't believe it! LOL I've got to show that to my dh and son. They'll crack up!

No wait - they'll go get the doofus a suit. Never mind. They're so ga-ga over that moose, it's unbelievable. I'm sporting a huge, and I do mean huge bruise on the back of my arm becasue that moose jumped up on me. He's taller than me!

Wait, maybe a jacket isn't such a bad idea for the dog. A straight jacket. :o)

You can see a picture of him on my blog anemulligan.blogspot.com Scroll down until you see him. Then you'll know what I'm saying.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

LOL, cute dog. He looks better dressed than some men I've seen. ;-)

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

That is an adorable picture!

I love dogs and I have a little spoiled Westie named Lizzie now. They're a dog who thinks they're big. But I have had a lot of dogs.One of my favorites was our Irish Setter, Zeke, who was too big for a show dog. He was a big chicken, too, and climbed into my lap at the vet's.

My husband talked about getting a Newfy, but hey, as sweet as they are, you better be ready to have a manure spreader! (like with horses)

I was at a friend's house one time and her Newfy liked me so much, she wanted my attention. Boy, did she get it! She tried to crawl between my legs from behind and took me clean off my feet! And just nuzzled me to death. Plus, they slobber their kisses. But boy, are their babies cute.

St. Bernards are adorable, too, as long as you get a well-bred one. But they slobber big time! Bring towels.

Poor Daisy. I pray she gets ok.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

My husband won't let me get a dog. He's not an animal lover at all. But, i think I'm entitled to a dog due to that suspicious campfire in my backyard! (no more of them lately, thankfully)

I really want a lab or a dog the size of a lab that is extremely loyal but willing to tear an intruder into pieces now that I'm alone 80% of my week!!

Can Samson be real and then I'll just borrow him?

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Whoa! Love the mastiff! Where DID they find a costume big enough? :-)

Angie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz