Girls Write Out
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
IT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN
I said I was immune. I'm not a TV person, I'm a novel reader. But I'm hooked, okay? I started watching the teaser shows leading up to THE BIGGEST LOSER, then the opening show. With the leftovers being sent home. I felt so bad for them! I was griping about why the producers would do something so cruel. Then when Jillian rode up on her bike, I was cheering for the new Black Team.

I'm officially hooked on a reality show. And it's really inspired me! I've been walking with hand weights, than to Nelson editor Amanda Bostic, and I've lost 9 pounds in three weeks. Of course I would like to have had a 30 pound weight loss the first week like Jerry on the blue team. But I'll take it. Even better, I'm getting to where I LIKE exercise. I'm in shock. LOL

Here's how bad it's gotten. I packed my weights to take to the conference. I'm a sick puppy. Any of you watching the show? I'm rooting for Jerry to win. He's got the best attitude and he's old like me. LOL
Colleen Coble  
posted at 4:58 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

I've never seen the show, but I've read about it online. A 30-lb weight loss in one week??? That's so not healthy. C, keep doing what you're doing and you'll be at your target weight in no time. Loving exercise is the greatest motivator!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Kay Day said...

We used to watch that sometimes. It's a good show. Sometimes I was afraid someone was going to keel over, but I guess not. THAT happened on Hell's Kitchen. LOL
I'm not a reality show fan at all, but my husband loved some of those cooking ones, especially Hell's Kitchen.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

You are NOT old, Colleen!

Congrats on your weight loss.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Colleen, congratulations. I like that show, too. I watch toward the end when they've weeded out some folks.

I love exercise, but I love to eat too. Hmmm.. :)

Rachel

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Love that show! Totally ticked off as my DVR somehow got stuck on Isabeau's weigh in at the beginning of the show last night and taped it for 2 hours! Disgruntled Dish Network customer here!

I'm pulling for Jerry (but know it's probably not realistic based on the way previous seasons have gone) or someone from the black team.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I know it's not healthy, but oh it sounded good! LOL

The saga isn't over. When I got to the airport to fly to Dallas, I was shocked my bag was over the limit. They let it go because it was only over two pounds. I kept trying to think of why it might be so heavy. Then it hit me. I packed my weights. LOL And my jogging shoes.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

I don't watch all the time, but I think it and Extreme Home Makeover are the only reality shows worth watching these days!!

And I thought you looked gorgeous on your Deeper Living interview!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz