Girls Write Out
Monday, July 09, 2007
Hi again from Atlanta! Things are going well here and very fun. It's always so great to be with other authors!! I switched hotels last night, and in the new one have a great view of the pool, but I'll probably feel lonely here tonight without Denise. She went home. : ( Many signings on the floor today. Amy Wallace had one, Robin Jones Gunn, Claudia Mair Burney, Randy Singer, I'll think of more. Oh, and Nancy Moser walked around dressed as Jane Austen to promote her new book. If any of you know Nancy, she looks like a movie star anyway, so seeing her in the empire waist was jealously inducing.

Karen Kingsbury is here with her two oldest kids, who are both as gorgeous as she is -- inside and out. Harry Kraus had a signing, but we couldn't find it -- we had to read a map. James Scott Bell got a new author photo and has a new book out -- looks so good!

Avon Inspire had a book booth with HarperOne and they had their new titles by Linda Windsor and Tracey Bateman. They are publishing my new one, "The Trophy Wives Club" in September. Oh and Steeple Hill's covers this session are awe-inspiring. V.V. Beautiful!! Catherine Palmer's new historical looks fabulous and if I was judging on covers alone, I'd bring it home, but I love Catherine's writing anyhoo. Angie Hunt's The Elevator looks very creepy too! (It's supposed to!) .

I'm going out to dinner with my editor from Integrity (Angela DePriest) and I'll keep you informed if anything good happens. Colleen had a TV interview with Lori Wick and a local shopping network, so she went off looking pretty and wearing my black socks. Just thought I'd throw that in to embarrass her, as I did have to open my polka dot suitcase in the mall and humiliate myself to do it. LOL Blessings to all from Atlanta! Scarlett...I mean, Kristin
Kristin  
posted at 3:39 PM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Katy McKenna said...

Kristin--Thanks for keeping us up-to-the-minute on the news! Nancy Moser, btw, is one of my bestest friends in the world. We live 10 minutes from each other here in KC. I have heard about "the dress" but have not seen it in person. And yeah, it's quite a trial to go out with her in public. Except that I NEVER have to wonder if anyone's checking me out!!! ;)

Katy McKenna www.fallible.com

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger ohAmanda said...

Oh, I'm in Atlanta, too! I'm jealous--all my heroes in one place! Have a great time in my hometown!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

I think I have author envy!! I know I have book envy...seeing all those books, and covers...I wanna read The Trophy Wives Club:-)

I just love ALL of your books...all four of you are excellent authors!!

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like fun! I'm jealous, of course you ladies are there, but so are a lot of my other favorite authors.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, was that appropriate? saying I have other favorite authors on this blog??? Sorry! I guess, should say I love books and love a wide variety of authors. :)

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Oh, wow. What juicy ICRS tidbits. Nancy as Jane. Covers. Colleen wearing YOUR black socks. :) Keep ICRS stuff coming!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I saw Colleen but not your black socks. Why in the world is she wearing ANY socks? You're in Hotlanta! And it's HOT!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

They were more like nylon socks, Ane. The outfit called for them. She had to buy earrings. I didn't bring any. I actually forgot my wedding rings too -- I am a discredit to my accessorizing people -- never was good at the details. But I did bring socks.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger T. Forkner said...

Tell Colleen not to feel bad. I had a professional photo taken recently, forgot my jewelry, and had to wear my mom's earrings, which she actually had to take off. Mom has good taste!

Thanks for the play by play. Sounds fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz