Girls Write Out
Monday, June 11, 2007
THE SECRET:
I'll admit, I listened to the book on tape. I was curious. I got to the part where you can't look on your fat friends because you might ingest the "fat" energy in the universe and that was about all I could take.

So I'm putting my skinny energy out into the universe -- better yet, I'll take Angelina Jolie's skinny universe energy. In case you haven't heard the premise of this multi-International bestselling book (and clearly, I should be so lucky!), the idea is if you can imagine it, you can will it into being. Yeah, whatever. I believe P.T. Barnum called that energy, lots of suckers born every minute and yeah, here I am.

But it got me to thinking about dreams and goals -- how important they are to have while pursuing the Will of God. Even the dreams that feel absolutely impossible! My goal/dream is that when my kids are grown, I want to live in San Francisco with a Bay or Pacific Ocean view. I will take a place in West Portal, the Marina, Pacific Heights district, just in case the universe energy is listening. LOL But as a white egg-driving, mother of four, that goal seems ridiculous. I will probably be a granny living in my kids' extra bedroom or something. (They'll love that!) But I want to be the kind of old lady who can walk up those San Francisco hills at 80 in cute, orthopedically-friendly shoes, eat in a cafe, buy my groceries in a corner shop and enjoy my reading near my water/city view. Ahhh. I'm open to what God has, but if He's open to me, there it is, that's my dream!

What about you? Anything that feels ridiculous right now? I keep thinking about the cute baby giraffe at the San Francisco zoo. I bet he never dreamed of an Ocean Beach view! So I know, God is capable!
Kristin  
posted at 12:29 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

If you build it, they will come...LOL And wasn't it Anne Lamott who said something like, If you want to make God laugh, tell her your plans? ( ;0)

Seriously, we serve a good God. I'm so thankful I can confide in Him my dreams (even tho' he already knows them) and he can make them into something better than I've planned. And that ain't no secret :)

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

I want an Audi TT like Ashley's.

And being a useful human being would be good, too.

See my priorities? LOL

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I LOVE this:

"But I want to be the kind of old lady who can walk up those San Francisco hills at 80 in cute, orthopedically-friendly shoes, eat in a cafe, buy my groceries in a corner shop and enjoy my reading near my water/city view."

It doesn't get any better than that.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I'm thinking it doesn't either, Di. My great aunt who died last year lived off 19th Avenue (which becomes the Golden Gate Bridge) and she lived to be 96!! Lived in her house with stairs until she was 94. Now that's living!

Of course, she also survived life on a wagon train so she may have had better stock than me to begin with.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

My dream for RIGHT NOW?

To own Kristen's new kitchen! LOL We currently live in a small house in our church parking lot, our choice as we get out of credit card debt. The kitchen is so small and old (metal cabinets went out in the '50s right?) that only one person can comfortably cook in there at a time.

Other dreams include living near the sea, getting my almost-complete novel published and influencing people towards Jesus.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Seriously, my dream is simply to be the "white-egg-driving mother of four."

I'd love to just be married with children. At this point, "just married" would be ok too. :D

How old do you have to be before you're considered an "old maid" anyway? (I'm 36.)

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Suzanne, yeah, metal cabinets would be depressing. But the good news is that you could do anything to them and try new things! That's what I did with my old cabinets, painted them bright white and put on silver pulls because I couldn't afford to replace them. Kitchens are hard to not like though, it can get expensive when you don't want to spend time there!

Valerie, I don't believe in old maids! It's so easy to get caught up in other people's lives, trust me, mine is NO picnic! And you can have the white egg so I can get a sportscar and find my true, immature roots that will never leave me.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you are open to God and He is open to you , What could be better?
I like that.
:)

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

I love this post. It makes me think--"what do I want to be when I am old?" (oh, yeah, this would be, like, this December.)

I was in San Fran twice. Everytime you talk about it, Kristin, I get a little envious and think, "Why couldn't I have been born on the West Coast?" I have relatives who went to California (before I was even born) and I assume they all are still there. But I will always be here, I'm afraid. I lived in a city once--I didn't like it. Maybe I would like it now? Probably not? I like looking out and seeing the lazy river and hearing the frogs croaking at midnight with the howl of the coyotes (and the rustle of those blasted raccoons chewing through my trash containers.) Ah, Green Acres.(Which is brown acres right now, except where the leech field fingers are because we're sort of having a drought.)

But I'd LOVE groceries delivered and fresh baked breads from a bakery that I didn't have to bake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz