Girls Write Out
Thursday, June 28, 2007

HOUSTON, I HAVE A LIFE!!

So I've been quiet this week because I've been working at my church's VBS. Oh my gosh, there is nothing cuter than seeing little kids praising Jesus! But the weirdest thing happened yesterday, someone was announcing after VBS, "We're all going to the Billerbecks to swim!" Then, she corrected herself and said where the party really was. We have no pool now. The woman who said it doesn't either. The two of us used to host so much and for some reason, it felt like a kick in the gut to both of us.

First off, I have an unrealistic view of money. Colleen tells me that all the time and I'm sure it's true. Money just never dawns on me. Never has. I want it, I'll find a way to get it. It's probably how I got my work ethic and I've always been a hard worker. Getting older, I want a lot less, I will say that.

So I'm watching all this money in the Silicon Valley and it's just so weird. People are building 10,000 square foot houses (for two!) and across the valley from us on the hill, somebody is building this HUGE fake rock wall with water slides and a vineyard surrounding their pool. I'm not jealous. I live in a lesser house than the last three houses I've had, and I love it a lot more! But I miss entertaining people at the pool. I miss that people could just come over and no one cared that my house was a mess because I'm glad to see them! I miss being "the house".

We have lots of people with beautiful pools extending their hand. In fact, we have two such friends with gorgeous views of the San Francisco Bay that see all the way to the Transamerica building on a clear day. Much more than we ever had! These people don't build things for themselves either, they are more than generous and probably better hostesses than I ever was, but it's interesting when God gives you a new role in life and you want to revert to what you know. That's why I did VBS this week -- it's not usually my thing. I had a total blast and I'm completely exhausted, but since I've got this new role, I better learn my lines!

BTW, the pictures are from my friend who goes to China on business. They used to send me these and let me take my pick when he got back. I still have the role as moocher, Jackie gave me a white Gucci. : )
Kristin  
posted at 10:31 PM  
  Comments (2)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
2 Comments:
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

So the question is...is it a REAL Gucci, or in China do they make look-alikes (like they do in Turkey)? In Turkey the label on the look-alike would be Guci or Guici. We have "Caderpillar," "Pizza Hat," and "Izoid."

Sorry to appear ignorant (don't know a Gucci when I see one), but is the one you chose the one in the front row or back row? I would guess front row.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I think they're fake. They can get real ones there, too, but I think these are fake. They're nice leather though, and considering I don't really care about a name, I'm good. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz