Girls Write Out
Monday, May 07, 2007
LURE OF THE FORBIDDEN
There's nothing like a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie. I haven't made them in years because I always get a massive migraine from them. But I THINK that is about to change. I say THINK because it's too soon to tell quite yet, but. . .

You know how I told you I was starting a new natural hormone replacement regimen that's supposed to cure migraines? At first I was only able to try the combo hormones but that's not what the book THE MIGRAINE CURE recommends and starting Tuesday I was finally able to get a prescription for the separate dosing syringes of hormone gels. I had a migraine on Wednesday but I HAVEN'T HAD ONE SINCE!!!!

You might not understand what a big deal this is. It's rare for me to go more than three days without one. Some weeks I have one every single day. I never go anywhere without my Zomig. Migraines have ruled my life for nearly forty years. I believe you've got to take charge of your own health, and I've been on a quest for years to find the cause and eliminate the pain.

I think I'm on the right track. The key is balancing my hormones. I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 23. My body hasn't made progesterone since. Reading about all of this, it was like a light bulb went off. There are four key components to the Migraine Cure:

Natural hormones (Triest, progesteron and testosterone)
Melatonin at bedtime
Magnesium
Gut health

Here's a link that gives an overview: http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2006/dec2006_cover_migraine_01.htm

So this weekend, I'm planning on making chocolate chip cookies and we'll see what happens. If I have no pain, you'll be able to hear me scream clear in California. LOL

Labels:

Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:51 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I am so glad to hear that you've had a few pain free days! AWESOME!! Hope it keeps working for you!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

And folks, you now have how Poppy came to be in the pages of literature. Or in this case, my book, Calm, Cool & Adjusted ROFLOL

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

LOL K! Folks, what she's not telling you is that she's as bad as me and actually STARTED me with my interest in natural healing. It's yet another way KB has corrupted me. LOL

Still feeling great this morning. I'm in shock. LOL

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

That's great news, Colleen! Hope the migraines stay away FOREVER!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

And I'll be listening for it!! Can't wait for Abomination to release...I've read everything with your name on it...and reviewed the last two...I need a Coble fix!!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Eileen Key said...

Man, looking forward to hearing those words from Sarah! We're on the links you provided, and I promise to buy the choc chip cookies at conference.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

I hope your cookie baking is a success and you're now pain-free. What an exciting time for you, if it works. I had a complete hysterectomy three years ago, so I've been reading about natural HRT too. I swear some of the doctors around here are so clueless!!

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Oh Colleen this is fabulous. Wow. And you're smiling every time I see you, and it might have been through pain.

All the more reason why you're the best!!

Lots of love, Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz