Girls Write Out
Thursday, April 19, 2007
CHOCOLATE CORRUPTS

Di and I knew it all along. Now thanks to our BB (blogging buddy) Allen, we have it confirmed. Women crave chocolate for more than the taste. Here's a little bit of the article Allen gave me:

A passionate kiss is sure to make the heart melt.
But it is no comparison to the sensation of chocolate melting on the tongue, a study has discovered. Young volunteers' hearts and heads were hooked up to electrodes and asked to taste pieces of dark chocolate before kissing their partners. The deflating discovery was that chocolate provides a buzz lasting up to four times as long as embracing the special person in our lives.

And this was for both women AND men! Is it any wonder Di and I put chocolate in our books when we've got romance in there? That's a legal thrill in CBA! LOL But anyway, it got me to thinking about how food is WAY too important to me. Like right now, I'm planning a trip to Canada this weekend to speak at a sales conference in Toronto. So what am I researching last night online? You guessed it--restaurants. I love to try new things and there are all these really cool cultural type restaurants in Toronto. K is always raving about Indian food and I've never even TASTED it. I live in Indiana, after all. LOL

But no matter what I ever eat, chocolate--preferably DeBrand mocha truffles--rate right up there with the best taste ever to cross my tongue. Now I know why. Thanks a lot, Allen. Now I'm going to be checking out my heart rate when Dave kisses me in comparison to chocolate. I still think he rates better though! LOL
Colleen Coble  
posted at 6:47 AM  
  Comments (16)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
16 Comments:
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

LOL! The moral of this story? Eat your chocolate THEN kiss your man. *g*

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Study? What study? That is one I would have LOVED to take part in.

Course, I guess I could just do it at home....

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

LOL, Colleen, you better tell Dave his kisses up your heart rate more than chocolate or .... he might be wounded for life. ;) haha

Rachel

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Ah, kisses sweeter than chocolate. Isn't that the saying? :)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Allen, where'd you get that link? You want to post it for the skeptics? LOL

My hubby is better than chocolate and that's saying a lot! LOL

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

LOL! You guys crack me up. All I have to say is thank God for chocolate or my life would be lackluster :)

Oooh, Indian food! *mouth waters* I LOVE IT. I've noticed that most people dislike it if they're not used to it but I can't get enough curry.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Chicken Korma & Palaak Gosht or Saag, depending on the region -- Lamb with spinach...oh my mouth is watering. : ) Better than chocolate, and probably more fattening too. LOL

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Chocolate vs. books.....nope, I still would rather read than eat chocolate....but BOOKS with chocolate IN the story....now, you're talkin!! LOL!!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger allen etter said...

Love the Indian food. We used to have an Indian buffet! They always looked concerned when I walked in...five plates later, I'd leave and I'm sure it's one of the reason's they went out of business.

And the whole chocolate/kissing - I'd rather kiss my wife than eat chocolate any day.

I'll look for the link. It was a British news paper.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

2 in 1. Hersheys Kisses.
lol

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

May I use this tidbit on my blog, Christian Love Stories? The chocolate and kissing thing? Fridays are called Fun Fridays, and I'd like to post this. Great post, BTW, Colleen!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Ooh, this post has me cravin' chocolate now. Not that that's unusual. LOL! But Di, I'm going to take your suggestion and try the whole chocolate-then-kiss-your-man idea. I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday! LOL!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Cecelia Dowdy said...

Chocolate! Yum! Some of my favorite chocolate treats are chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate chip cookies!

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this blog yesterday and I'm very excited! I love to read and all of your books are among my favorites.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

LOL! Colleen, you better bring me one of those truffles at conference. I want to see if they're as good as you say they are. I may splurge for a box of Mon Cheri dark chocolate covered cherries filled wih Kirsch. Wait until you try one of those. :-)

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Welcome, Ruth! And thanks for your support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz