Girls Write Out
Sunday, September 24, 2006

Here are the awards from this year's Book of the Year Contest from American Christian Fiction Writers. Pick up your copies while they're hot!

Book of the Year:
Black Sands or Distant Echoes by Colleen Coble
Too excited to remember!

Contemporary Novella
1. Pamela Griffin, Strawberry Angel
2. Jane Orcutt, Baby Girl
3. Reuinited, Kristy Dykes

General Fiction
1. Miles Owens, Daughter of Prophecy
2. Bryan Davis, Circles of Seven
3. Sarah Anne Sumpolec, The Reveal

Historical Novella
1. Pamela Griffin, Legend of Mercy
2. Kathleen Y'Barbo, Marrying Kind
3. DiAnn Mills, Missing Pages

Lits
1. With this Ring, I'm Confused, Kristin Billerbeck
2. Hot Flashes & Cold Cream, Diann Hunt
3. Kissing Adrian, Siri Mitchell

Long Historical:
1. Tricia Goyer, Dawn of a Thousand Nights
2. Deeane Gist, A Bride Most Begrudging
3. Tracey Bateman, Color of my Soul

Short Contemporary:
1. Colleen Coble, Shadow Bones
2. Nancy Lavo, Miss Menace
3. Elizabeth White, Under Cover of Darkness

Short Historical:
1. Tracey Bateman Beside Still Waters
2. Vickie McDonough, Sooner or Later
3. DiAnn Mills, Renegade Husband

Suspense:
1. Colleen Coble, Distant Echoes
2. Colleen Coble, Black Sands
3. Creston Mapes, DarkStar

Women's Fiction:
1. Nikki Arana, The Winds of Sonoma
2. Deb Raney, Over the Waters
3. Evea Marie Everson & Linda Evans Shepard, Potluck Club
Anonymous  
posted at 8:42 PM  
  Comments (15)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
15 Comments:
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

Congratulations!! I am so pleased for all of you! What a reward to be recognized. I thank the Lord that He has gifted you all in a way where you can bless readers like me!
Jaime

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger allen etter said...

Congrats! That's really cool!

ps. Denise...you were missed on the drums today!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Congrats to all of you! Kristin, Ashley has a special place in my heart--so glad "she" got an award!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

YAHOO! GREAT!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Congrats to you guys! I know you had to be excited.

Kristin, I love the Ashley books and I always hate seeing the end of character series. So I'd welcome an older, wiser Ashley! {vbg}

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on more Ashley! With her new life in Philadelphia, I'm sure there's more than one adventure left in her! :D

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I would definately read more Ashley. Maybe you'll find her again, Kristin, since you're back in the city.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm..I wonder if I can use that logic on my husband? Oh honey...I need ____ so I can get into my character's state of mind. hehe

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger eileen said...

Would buying a convertible be tax deductible?

Loved seeing you at conference. All 4 of you. Super late night chat.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger allen etter said...

somehow I think having a wide screen TV with THX suround sound will make me a better Science Fiction Writer...yet my wife is not so sure...curious...

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Congrats to all the winners!

A convertible, huh? I think I need a trip to France to write my next book.
Camy

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

You guys clean up real good! Look like stars. Congrats! (Wish I'd been there...ah, well.)

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Rebecca Barlow said...

Congratulations, as well!!
I was dying to attend the conference this year, especially since I LIVE in the Dallas area...unfortunately circumstances prevented.
On the revive Ashley note...Philadelphia for Ashley may be as "fish-out-of-water traumatic as the countryside was for you???? I'm with those that love her, so...perhaps you could "draw on that experience"......!?

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Congrats to all of you. How exciting to have every one of you do so well! Must have been one wild night in that hotel room! I was with ten members of my critique group and every one of us were asked to send proposals. We went home happy:)
p.s. Getting my hair cut today. Last time I went I told my hairdresser I wanted to look like a certain celebrity. This time I'm going for the Kristen Billerbeck look! so cute:)

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS, ALL of you gals! And Denise, you'd better enter next year! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz