Girls Write Out
Tuesday, July 18, 2006

PRICELESS
Diann and I have the best husbands. Take a peek at this picture. Leave the men alone for a day and see what happens! We all went to the Cleveland Women of Faith conference last weekend. Di and I were signing our books. Our guys were left on their own, which is usually no problem. They go sightseeing and generally keep out of trouble.

When the conference was over on Saturday evening, we took the shuttle back to the hotel. We didn't see the men in the lobby at first. They were standing by the window watching for us. They both turned and we saw these T-shirts with our pictures plastered on the fronts. Then they turned around and showed us the back pictures of our book covers! They came toward us and held out a Starbuck's iced americano and a bag of Godiva truffles!

They wore those T-shirts proudly all evening, in spite of the stares and the chuckles from people who saw them. No, they're not for sale, ladies. When you find a keeper like that, you hang on until your fingers drop off! At least Dave is wearing a picture of me that doesn't show my thighs. Thank goodness for small favors. LOL
Colleen
Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:27 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is so awesome! What great husbands.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger eileen said...

Priceless is right! They are the stuff good heroes are made of!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

Okay these two are my heroes for the day. What fantastic husbands! Even better that it was accompanied by two of the basic food groups, chocolate and caffeine. :)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

They were too cute turning around wearing those t-shirts, chocolate in one hand, Starbucks cup in the other. Wow. We felt like total princesses. :-)

I have to insert here that it IS a bit humbling to see one's face plastered across someone's chest. My wrinkles were the size of Texas, but it's the thought that counts, right?

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

ROFLOL!! The first thing I did was make my husband go online to see the photo. Then I reminded him that I had met these guys on your RV tour and they were very nice men. I reminded him that you two are also my friends, and now that your hubbys had set the paradigm, what was he going to do? Hmmmm?

ROFLOL - poor guy. You could see the wheels turning ... I'll let y'all know if he finds a way to top that, but somehow I rather doubt it. ;)

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Oh, my, what adoring husbands.

Something I adore.

Something I'm now experiencing!

I blogged about it this morning.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww...they are so sweet! I know the two of you are very proud, and rightfully so!

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! My husband and I were debating whether or not to go to ICRS this year, and I kept thinking how bored he'd be taking care of Abby alone all day. I think someone needs to come up with a Spouse Center, where all the husbands and wives (and kids) of us (we?) writers can get together and kabbitz while we do our thing.

That t-shirt thing really is adorable. What a winner you've got. :)

-Alison
blog.alisonstrobel.com

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sweeties! I love it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz