Girls Write Out
Friday, February 03, 2006

SPEAKING OF COMMERICIALS
Have you seen that Ameritech commercial where they're showing old clips from the sixties and playing "our" music? I LOVE that commercial! They say something about "a generation as unique as yours" and when that music starts playing, I slip back a few years. Okay, more than a few. I slip so far back it's like falling down a mountain. I was in my twenties 30 years ago. How scary is that?

Anyway, here's a picture of me when I was about 21. See the long hair clear to my waist? My husband went into mourning when I cut it off. What IS it about men and long hair. Even now with me in my fifties, Dave would like me to wear long, stringy stuff like that. I'd look like that blonde woman on the religious channel. LOL I tell him, "the older I get, the shorter it goes." The hair, NOT the skirt length. LOL
Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:35 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh my goodness, I can so relate! I can't believe how much you and your daughter look alike! WOW!

As Bob Hope would say, thanks for the memories.

Oh man, that makes me feel old . . .

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger eileen said...

Groovy!! Peace out.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

You look darling, Colleen!

Oh, wow, the memories.
"Little surfer, little one
Make my heart come all undone
Do you love me, do you,
Surfer Girl? My Little Surfer Girl!"

That was my favorite song, back when I had the long hair and the bellbottoms--my whole novel takes place in the '60s and do I love it when editors said "We don't want an historical." I beg your pardon! LOL I also loved "Sukiyaki," http://www.maddmansrealm.com/sukiyaki/mp3.htm and "Hey, Girl," and "Just One Look." *sigh*

Didn't you love the Beach Boys?

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I was born in 1980, and I love the Beach Boys! They're timeless!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How precious you look! Um, is that Dave or Kara?

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

The little guy I'm holding is my son Dave. Look at those curls! He's still got 'em.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

What a great picture. So lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz