Girls Write Out
Wednesday, February 08, 2006

GOOD MEN
My husband Dave is almost perfect. Did you hear the "almost" and the tone of my voice? He spoils me terribly, and is very handy around the house. He can do anything construction related. But this morning I have circles under my eyes and feel like something the mongoose Wilson dragged out from under the house.

We were painting the utility room. (Bad, since paint makes me sick, but that's another story.) Now mind you, we'd talked about this for several days. We were going to do ALL of it so it was done when they bring my new washer and dryer this morning. Things were going fine at first. He got out the pan and roller and had the celing rolled on in half an hour. I glanced at my watch and thought, "hey, we'll be done with this in plenty of time for me to watch the show on wildfires." Wrong.

Do I look like a mind reader? I didn't think so. But my darling hubby loves me and must think I can do more than read a character's mind. He dallied in the bathroom washing out the pan for half an hour. Then he stood around watching me paint trim for another half an hour. He was "letting the roller dry out." In reality he'd really wanted to do that painting on Saturday and just move the washer and dryer out of the way. All he really intended to do was the ceiling, but he never told me this. I was just supposed to read it in his actions.

After several pointed, prodding comments from me, he grumbled and finally began to roll the wall paint on. It took him an hour, and we didn't get to bed until going on 11:30. When I pointed out we would have had it done if he hadn't dragged his feet, he was insulted. That was when he informed me about the Saturday idea, and I heard this Tuesday night plan was "all my idea." LOL! I asked him who that man was I talked this over with in Lowe's on Monday night. (yes, we had to make ANOTHER trip to Lowe's.) He reluctantly admitted it was him.

I guess mind reading is another skill I'm going to have to work on.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 6:49 AM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Chaos-Jamie said...

You and me both, Colleen. Mind reading would surely help...but I've decided that "hearing" all the annoyed comments that he witholds probably wouldn't be worth knowing the one thing I'm supposed to have figured out.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

LOL, Kristin.

Colleen, I think mid reading is the intent "between the lines" in the wedding vows. ;)

Dave is great. And your room is painted. Now you can have a lazy Saturday.

Rachel

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mind reading? You can't? I'm SHOCKED. LOL Poor Dave....I can only imagine the LOOK you tossed at him. LOL So, is the room done? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz