Girls Write Out
Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I need to get organized. No, I mean it. I sent my granddaughter to the linen closet to get a hand towel, and had to call 911 to get her out of there.

Now, I could be wrong, but I’m thinking that ain’t right.

Okay, we’ve lived in our current home for fifteen years, so that could count for part of it. People accumulate things. It’s a fact of life. But where did I get all these towels, sheets, and blankets--none of which match? I’m pretty sure it’s my husband’s fault. He can’t pass up a bargain. He probably bought mismatches on a clearance table.

Oh well, not one to slack--hey, I write fiction--this became New Year’s resolution number 967. I quickly set to work, pulling out old sheets, blankets, towels, and I got rid of everything without a partner.

I ended up with two matching towel sets, minus a wash cloth.

My little mission was pretty uneventful, well, except for the fact that as I gathered the linens to take to Goodwill, I realized our dog was missing.

She’s little, okay? It happens.

Once I rescued her from the rubble of sheets, I packed my car (which by then looked pretty much like the opening scene of The Beverly Hillbillies) and made my way to the store.

Upon my return home, I was feeling rather proud of our orderly linen closet. Adrenaline rushed through me as my eyes looked around for the next project and came to a halt at the bathroom cabinet.

The theme song for Jaws played in my mind, and I rolled up my sleeves. A quick glimpse of my face in the mirror flashed Jack Nicholson in “The Shining,” and that just scared me.

I don’t know about you but when something like that happens, I figure it’s best to let it go.

So my organizational days are over. And just so you know, if you ever come to visit, don’t expect the towels to match.
Diann Hunt  
posted at 7:49 AM  
  Comments (4)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
4 Comments:
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My linen closet should be condemned! LOL

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

ROTFLOL, Robin!!!

Thank you for both (Denise & Robin) for understanding my pain on this. My fragile self just couldn't take Martha Stewart right now.

Women of the World UNITE!! Down with perfect linen closets!!!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Diann, toooooo, toooo funny! For a year, Tony and I've been saying we gotta go through the house and toss stuff. But who has time?

R

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's too funny. I just did that with my linen closet about a month ago. It looked great until the kids got into it and pulled everything out to make a fort. Ah well, it was nice while it lasted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz