Girls Write Out
Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hair Schmair

All this hair talk. And David Crowder is coming near my Podunk town with Third Day!! So ask me if I care about something as mundane as hair?? For those of you who don't know, I am David's oldest groupie. Pathetic, but true.

Once, he came to our church in Palo Alto and my son had the stomach flu and I was legitimately mad. I mean, I was like, Hello??? Do I not have four children? Can You not give me one little break?

My husband stayed home with my son, but it was hard to fully engage knowing I'd abandoned my kid. I've seen the Crowder band many times since, but this event stands out. And this is so cute. Sethy (the sick one) is coming with me to this concert and he goes, "I won't barf, Mom. I promise." That was years ago and he was only four! And my poor child remembers his Mom abandoned him for a concert. This is one of those events he'll tell on Oprah when he recalls his painful childhood. But it makes this concert more special. (And yeah, I'd do it again, so I haven't really grown or learned. Hence the reason you won't be picking up any of my parenting books.)

Seth went with me to Third Day a few months ago, and I let him hold my cell phone up like the teenagers were doing. Doesn't that break your heart? We had Greek food and I got my first glimpse of the BMW 645i in Granite Bay. Morgan, of the Spa Girls, had a new car. These are the days that string together to make life. A beautiful collision.
Anonymous  
posted at 8:19 PM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Hum... sick son or David Crowder? Kids are alwasy getting sick. He'll live, right? Next time, you can be sick and he can go to David Crowder. LOL

I love DC and Third Day. And for the record, I hope Seth does go on Oprah and sets the record straight. "I am not damaged because my Mom went to a concert when I was four."

That'll mess with all the pop psychologists. :)

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cover looks great! (Is it already out?) Anyway, have a wonderful time at the concert.

My husband and I recently realized something a little embarrassing. 2 of our kids have names from characters in the movie we saw on our first date, and our newest kid has a name from one of my favorite books.

And it's not like we're so amazingly classy or anything - Mission Impossible, and yeah, She's Out of Control. I didn't know you had a Seth, too, though, until reading this post. (And we didn't MEAN to pick these names, really, it just happened!) I'm done having kids now, but keep picking great names. No heroes named Hubert please - think of the next generation!

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin, you are so nice.
I posted that as I ran out the door to get kids from school and realized halfway there that what i wrote totally could have sounded mean-nasty, and as if i were not classy for reading your books. ACK! I rushed home, realizing I must apologize for being Big Ferocious Snot, and here you've just been so lovely. Please accept my apologies anyway! Your kids have lovely names. (If you want to know where the really ick names are, go to www.babysnamedabadbadthing.com ) HA, love that place! (And again, sorry for the Big Ferocious Snot comment, it was totally accidental, as am HUGE fan.)

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, Kris...you have a copy of the NEXT Spa Girl book up and I haven't even gotten the FIRST one yet! UGH

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin, the baby you inadvertently helped to name Seth can be spotted here:

http://holymama.typepad.com/

(I am SO bad at the 'enter the word you see here' task on Blogger. That should really not be hard)

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Great cover! And I can seriously relate to the whole David Crowder thing. I'll be seeing him at the DC/LA youth conference in Anaheim this summer when my husband and I take the church youth group. Woot! Woot!

Camy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz