Girls Write Out
Saturday, December 31, 2005

2006 is going to be a great year! I can feel it. Coffee shops are popping up all over America and they’re finding new creative ways to put chocolate into their drinks.

Life is good.

Okay, admittedly, I struggle just a tad with remembering to write the new year on my checks. However, my check writing days are at a minimum now. I just zip in that debit card and I’m good to go. No date line where I goof up more checks than my salary can cover just to get the right year put in. So is that good news or what?!

Things are looking up in my world.

Let’s see, in 2006 more people will turn fifty, and that just makes me happy. Misery loves company and all that.

My husband and I will hit 31 years (yikes!) of wedded bliss!

Our daughter will turn 29 and our son will turn 27, doggone ‘em.

Our granddaughters will grow another inch or two and THEY will teach ME new things on the computer.

I’ll have more gray hairs to cover. But the good news is I still have hair--and when that’s gone, I’ll have my red hats.

More diet plans will come and go from my life with little or no effect.

I read a quote somewhere that said, "The difference between who you are now and who you will be in five years depends on two things: the people you meet and the books you read."

It is my prayer that I will not only read something that will change my life this year, but that I’ll write something that will encourage another on her journey.

Honestly, I feel confident about 2006. After all, as far as I know, there’s no shortage of chocolate.

Oh yeah, it’s gonna be a good year.

Diann Hunt  
posted at 7:44 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year diann!

hope it's a great one!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you, Di! You are such a fun lady!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

Happy New Year Diann! You crack me up! I love reading this blog. It's the first thing I head for in the morning after e-mail.

Life in 2006 is going to be good indeed. :)

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks for the New Year wishes! I wish you all the same! We plan to go to our daughter's house, spend time with her family and our son's family, eat like there's no tomorrow, spoil the grandkids, and be home safely tucked in bed by 9:00. Okay, maybe we'll go crazy wild and stay up until 10:00.

Happy New Year!!!
Diann

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Happy new year, all of you! I pray doors thrown wide open in the direction God has for all of you, and that you'll grow and mature in your writing.

Di, I never thought the day would come when we went to bed before 12 on New Year's Eve but it's beginning to be like that for us. LOL

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Three kids, three extras sleeping over. Should be some crazy night.

I just finished up my novel yesterday (okay, without all the edits), so the year's looking up already :-)

Thanks for this blog. I enjoy checking in on all your adventures.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

ROFL!!! Diann, you're hilarious!

Happy New Year!
Camy

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Amen, and amen!

Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz